Thursday, April 30, 2009

Megan & Bobby's Wedding

The first part of this blog should be sung, not read. The melody is 'These are a few of my favorite things'.

Susie on duty and Damon on photo
Perfect blue skies and warm fuzzy moments
DJPJ spinning the records so smooth
These are a few of my favorite things

Brian & Richard adding touches from Flourish
Dougie with Lee Day and Jay looks like Opie
The Ritz being Ritzy the Church being holy
These are few of my favorite things

When the shot rocks
When the brides hot
When I'm feeling glad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I know this all so fab!

Now take a bow (really, no one heard you singing). It was just like your morning shower concert, except I hope you were not naked at the time. Now that the singing is out of the way, I have to get serious for a moment.  Let's talk Megan and Bobby's Wedding, what a great event. Here is my run down of the day.
My day often is ruled by Bridal Prep. It is my favorite thing to shoot and when it is good, I am one happy camper. When it is so-so, I get moody, very moody. Needless to say, I was giddy as a school girl after I left the Winstead homestead. (Poet who didn't know it.)
 The ceremony went off with out a hitch. Really, nothing. Now I began to worry, something always has to go wrong.  I have to go to another event, so I leave the rest of the day in the skillful hands of Doug, Lee and Jay.  They nail it. They kill it. Somewhere I must of paid the Karma Gods in full, they were kind to us that day. 
Now for all my kudos to all the great vendors that made it super cool. I will start with Susie Weiss from Wonderful Weddings.  Susie, Susie, Susie you rocked as always!  We needed nothing, we knew everything, and the bottle of Patron was great. (The bottle of Patron didn't happen, but one can dream.) Thank you Damon Tucci for sharing and caring. Sick talent and the ease to work with, make you uber cool in my book. One of the things that makes a great wedding is a beautiful back drop. Thank you Brian and Richard from Flourish. Your skill created the perfect backdrop for this wedding day. That leaves the best dancing DJ in Florida, dare I say the world, the very entertaining and infectious... DJPJ with Atomic Entertainment. I want some of what he drinks. I swear he mainlines Red bull and Pixie Sticks. Atomic Entertainment always delivers a great show.
This trailer is almost as good as anything I would cut. I said almost. Doug Howard did a phenomenal job of capturing the mood and the emotion of the day. Don't get too good at this, then my paranoia will kick in and I will have to 'Nancy Carrigan' you. Thank you Doug for all your hard work. You complete me.  I just added a little Post Production touches he did all the real work. 
Thank you again to all who helped create a stunning event for this great couple. Megan and Bobby, enjoy the teaser. More to come, more to love. Congratulations!

1 comment: